For Christ Since 1888...
First Alliance Church began in downtown Winston-Salem in 1888. Located at the corner of First and Church streets, First Alliance was first called The Fourfold Gospel Church and was known around town as “the holiness church.” The goal of the church was to reach Winston and reach the world with the gospel of Jesus.
Over a hundred years and a couple of moves later, we maintain that core identity. We are a multi-
cultural congregation who desires to love Jesus more and love one another better while reaching
Winston and the world with the Good News.
We are part of The Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination (AKA The Alliance), a global family of God dedicated to reaching people with the good news of Jesus. As part of The Alliance, we support missionaries across the globe through the Great Commission Fund, a central fund used to fund our missionary work abroad and church growth in the US. You can find out more about The Alliance at cmalliance.org.
All Alliance churches in the United States are divided into districts. The Alliance South includes NC, SC, GA, MS, AL, and parts of TN. We work together in the district to plant new churches, support missionaries, take trips, plan special regional events, and raise up new workers for service in The Alliance.